Thursday, September 24, 2009

Have you ever lost something....

In the past 2 weeks I have lost 2 expensive items and 1 not so expensive item. The first were my set of car keys. I'm not worried about the house key but the key to van is expensive to replace. It has the remote on the key and I called today and was told it will be around $100.00 to get a new one. For know I have been using the spare key but eventually I will have to get the extra key because I'm a expert at locking my keys in the vehicle. The next is Mattie's glasses. I have tried so hard to take care of these darn things and she just will not wear them. She is constantly taking them off and throwing them. Sometimes I will notice it and other times I have not caught it and end up going back to a store to get them. Anyways her glasses disappeared and they are no where to be found. I searched top and bottom for them and called every place that I went to last week and this week. What kills me is they are expensive and finding a pair of glasses that fits her is hard because her face is so tiny. I can go back to the place that we got her first glasses but they do not take insurance so it would be another out of pocket expense. Since Mattie know has state insurance they will cover glasses but finding the glasses is hard and the places that do have them don't cover materials (glasses).
My third loss and it is not a big one but I bought the new Dan Brown book last week. I know for 100 percent that I left it at the place were Mattie gets her out patient therapy. I called and no one has turned the book in. It makes me so mad that there are such dishonest people out there who take things that don't belong to them. I don't care what the object is, it is just plain dishonest.

So there are my losses for the past 2 weeks. I feel so irresponsible and it is frustrating. At least I can say I still have my kids and I've managed to keep track of them. I think I need to start attaching a string to me with objects attached to the string. Maybe I can create a new trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment