Sunday, August 29, 2010

Little Getaway

Last week Dan and I did a overnight trip to Tucson for Dan's birthday. My mom watched the kids for us and it was the first time that we have been away from them. The trip could not have come at a better time since the night before neither of us had a lot of sleep. I was with my brother in Phoenix and we took our Aunt to the hospital. The hospital was a interesting place and there was a homeless guy who followed me around. I did not get home until 3 AM and then was up at 6 AM. Dan went to bed around 1 AM and woke up at 5 AM. We both were so tired Friday night when we got to the hotel but after relaxing a little bit we went to dinner and because it was Dan's birthday he received a free meal. After dinner we made a pitsop at Walgreen's to get a few of the left behind items such as a comb,deodorant and toothpaste. We then headed back to the hotel and hung out by the pool for a while and people watched. I just remember asking Dan what time it was thinking it was around 11 and it was only 9 PM. We headed back to the room where the air conditioning was set at 65 degrees. It was nice and cold and the bed was soft and fluffy and warm and we both crashed. It was so nice to get a good nights sleep and not have anyone wake me up in the middle of the night. The best part was the next day I did not have to make the bed. After breakfast we headed to spa and each one of us got a massage. After the massage we hung out for about an hour and then did a little shopping and went to lunch. Dan's favorite Mexican food restaurant was packed so we went to another favorite place. After we got home baby David was not feeling well and had a little fever. Plus he was so mad at us for leaving. He would not look at us and just hung is head down. After a hour he started to warm up but still would not smile at us. Sadly to say we don't have any pictures of us together. I'm horrible about things like that but we both did manage to capture a few random pictures.

A cute little squirrel


Yikes... yes a picture of me, I don't have many pictures of myself so this one shows that I do exist.

The view from our hotel room

Proof that my husband does remember how to iron

No comments:

Post a Comment