Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with Dan's family. We went to his parents house for dinner and Dan's brother Dennis and his wife Kim and their son Kyle. Also Dan's Aunt Pris, Uncle Bill and Chloe. Dinner was wonderful and we had a great time. I enjoyed talking to everyone and I have learned that Dan and his brother has very similar sleep habits so Dan can no longer blame me for things like stealing covers and the sheets being twisted and kicked down to the end of the bed. Michael, Mattie, David and Chloe had a wonderful time playing. David is our eater in the family and he loved all the food and just kept eating everything. After we got home that night, I did a little evening cleaning and then headed off to bed for a few hours of rest before I had to get up and hit the stores for shopping. I went to Target with my friend Janelle and we got what we wanted and then realized the line to check out was very long and decided what we had was not worth the wait. We then went to Wal-mart and then to the mall. Janelle had a friend in town and she meet us at the mall and together we had fun shopping and we got some great deals. Janelle's friend had a 20 percent off coupon at The Children's Place and they were doing 30 percent off everything and they allowed us to combine it with the coupon so everything we got was 1/2 off. If anyone knows me will realize that I don't spend a lot on myself and my clothes and shoes are limited in selection. So I decided to splurge a little on a pair of boots I had been wanting. When I went to pay they were on sale and then I had a coupon for 10 dollars off so the boots came to 19 dollars. I was so excited about it. It was fun to shop with friends and I was so exhausted when I got home. Dan had fun with the kids and he called me while shopping to tell me about there morning and the awesome breakfast that they had together.

Michael eating cookies or should I say sneaking cookies. I wonder how many he had that night?


Mattie


Mattie playing with a doll

No comments:

Post a Comment