Friday, March 13, 2009

A little fender bender

So I had a little fender bender at Wal-Mart on Wednesday. It was my fault and I felt bad about it but thank goodness it was nothing serious and the other people involved were so nice about it. I went to Wal-Mart to get 2 things I desperately needed the first was baby formula and the second was Tylenol. A long story short as I was backing out of the space I did not realize a car was behind me and I bummed into them. I had no idea that I hit them and did not even feel it. They said the same thing but the passenger realized how close I was to them so she got out and checked and sure enough there was some very minor damage to their bumper. My truck had no damage. I was so shaken up about it and could not think what to do other than I knew not to call the police because it was on private land and no crime was involved in the accident. I called Dan at work and the dispatcher broke him for a call so he could call me. In 7 years it was the first time I had asked them to break him from a call. I'm relieved that everything will work out and that we have really good insurance. I'm bummed because this is the first time I've ever had to claim anything on the insurance. I've never had a ticket or an accident. The funny thing is every time the truck stops David will start crying and of course Mattie starts as well. Needless to say I don't go to many places for this reason. Well while I was trading the insurance information the kids sat so quiet in the truck. I think the new something was going on and it was not a good time to cry. Of course after I leave Wal-Mart I'm in the drive thru at Burger King and David and Mattie started crying.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad everyone is ok. Thank heavens there is still some nice people out there.

    ReplyDelete