Wednesday, June 23, 2010

About a month ago I was doing the after dinner clean up and David and Mattie were playing in the kitchen. I could hear David fussing and went to check on him. He was not in the kitchen with Mattie. I walked through the house calling him and when I walked backed into the kitchen this is what I saw.





Mattie had obviously closed the doors on David. I should explain that the kitchen draw broke and Dan took it out to fix it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One night Dan and Michael went out in the backyard and saw Chandler, our cat sitting next to something. Closer inspection it turned out to be a baby bunny rabbit. It seems that Chandler caught the rabbit. We are not sure if he brought the rabbit into the backyard or if it was already in the backyard. The rabbit had a little bite mark on it's back so Dan wrapped it up in a towel and I found a lady who takes in wild bunny rabbits. I'm not sure what happened to him but I did nickname her the crazy bunny rabbit lady. She kept telling me that the rabbit was showing signs of nerve damage and my cat bit it and because of the bite it will die. I kept thinking how it is part of the food chain and I noticed that she had many cats running around her property.



1 comment:

  1. Aww poor David!! But so cute of a picture of him peeking out.

    What did she expect a cat to have done to a rabbit??? I guess that is why the name "crazy bunny rabbit lady" huh!! LOL

    ReplyDelete