Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Fools Day

This is the first time Dan and I did a April Fools Joke on the kids. Mattie and David are to young to understand and will eat anything but Michael... we got him good and my mom. I made cupcakes frosted with mashed potato's that I dyed green. For dessert I made cupcakes that look like they had peas and carrots on top. I used green runts for the peas and carrots I cut up a orange starburst. I also made cupcakes that looked liked mashed potatoes. The gravy was carmel and the butter was a melted yellow starburst. Dan and I told Michael that for dinner he was having cupcakes. It took 3 bites before Michael realized what he was eating. He was a little hesitant on the dessert but after a few bites he figured out it was a real cupcake with candy on top. Mattie and David ate everything but once I put the real ones out they ate those instead.

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes cupcakes:



First Bite:


Second Bite:


Third Bite: "Hey these are not cupcakes, it's meatloaf"



Mattie and David:


They like it:




Dessert I'm not so sure about this:


Taking a bite with hesitation:


David likes it:


Mattie likes it:




My mom's reaction:

No comments:

Post a Comment